Owned by Sherry Karlo, our winery family is a close-knit team providing the ultimate County wine experience. With legendary winemaker Derek Barnett, our wines are a favorite of visitors, locals and critiques alike.
Karlo Estates is one of Trip Advisor’s top destination and the only to be named twice on the Top Ten Cutting Edge Wines in the World list. We are the world’s first vegan certified winery. Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards recognized our team as Finalists.
With one of the prettiest estates in the County, guests can stroll the vineyards with a glass to our signature dry stone bridge, book private group tastings in our loft gallery or enjoy tasting plates on our covered patio. We offer County hospitality in an 1805 barn for guests to sample a large portfolio of unique premium wines with food pairings.
Our staff enjoys working both indoors and out. Parties, a field trip to other wineries and extensive training turn staff that is wine curious into a wine expert in weeks. Come join our team to enjoy your summer.
Tasting Room Sales Associate Job Description
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Smart Serve Certification
- Able to work a flexible schedule (evenings, weekends and holidays)
- High School Diploma
- Retail experience a plus
- Hospitality experience a plus
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and ability to manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Have reliable transportation
Tasting Room Attendant/ Associate – Duties:
- Greets visitors and pours wines for customer tasting according to procedures
- Describes wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; answers visitor’s questions
- Suggests and sells wine to customers
- Handles routine POS transactions, which include operating cash register, accounting of daily sales etc.
- Assists customers to their vehicles with large purchases when necessary
- Provides general tourist information
- Work in a variety of tasting room positions that includes back kitchen tasks, bathroom cleaning, garbage detail, general cleaning and organization of retail space when needed throughout the day.
- Wash and polish glassware and dishes for Tasting Room
- Conducts guided tours as needed
- Assists with hospitality special events as needed including assistance with setup and breakdown of events
- Represents winery at outside functions as needed
- Assists with stocking wine as needed
- Work in a team environment and open to performing other duties as assigned by Manager
- Attend staff meetings
This is a non scent environment – staff are asked to use unscented hygiene products only. Dress code in effect – items provided by Karlo Estates and employee Tasting room staff will be required to work Saturdays and Sundays.
To apply for a career with Karlo Estates, please complete the form below with as much detail as possible, or download the pdf version HERE